Pick up included
3 days Trip From Rome to Positano and Amalfi Coast, Pompeii ruins and Naples
This 3-day tour of some of Southern Italy's greatest attractions spans years of history and involves breathtaking natural beauty. Tour the historical center of Naples, explore the archaeological excavations in ancient Pompeii, and spend a day in the alluring yet tranquil resort town of Positano.
Escorted Tour in Campania from Rome: visit Positano, Naples and Pompeii highlights:
- Follow your expert guide on a walking tour through the historic heart of Naples
- Explore the archaeological excavations at the ancient town of Pompeii
- Spend a free day in picturesque Positano, a resort town and fishing village on the Amalfi Coast
- Tailor your tour : use your free time to visit other charming coastal gems or enjoy a swim in the Mediterranean
- 3 delicious meals, transportation, accommodation, and professional guides included
Request more infoCustomize your trip!
Day 1: Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Positano
Board a comfortable coach bus and watch out the window as you pass by picturesque landscapes and countryside scenery on the drive from Rome to Naples. Once in Naples, enjoy a walking tour of the city center, Naples' historical heart, where your expert guide will share with you the city's secrets. Marvel at the Royal Palace, the Gallery of Umberto I, the Piazza del Plebiscito, the San Carlo Opera House, and several beautiful churches.
Next, en route to Pompeii, stop at a coral and cameo factory. This interesting detour is also a great place to buy souvenirs! After a savory lunch in a typical Italian restaurant, continue to the village of Pompeii, which was buried underneath ash and lava in 79 B.C.E. by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Witness the ongoing archaeological excavations at this famous site and glimpse the ancient treasures unearthed from the ash.
Depart Pompeii and admire views of quaint fishing villages as you drive along the Sorrentine Peninsula. Arrive at your hotel in Positano, where you are free to find dinner at one of the many exquisite local restaurants and rest up for tomorrow's adventures.
Day 2: Positano
After eating breakfast at your hotel in Positano, decide what you'd like to do. You have a free day to make the most of your time in this splendid fishing village and resort town, nestled in a small enclave where the ocean and the mountains meet. Stroll through town, checking out shops and snapping photos of the incomparable views. Walk along the beach and take a dip in the fantastic Mediterranean waters.
You can also take local buses to nearby towns like Amalfi, capital of an ancient maritime republic and a current UNESCO World Heritage Site. Another nearby gem is the romatic town of Ravello. Located in the hills above Amalfi, it is known for lush gardens and unparalleled panoramic views.
You're on your own again for dinner tonight, so continue to wander the streets of Positano in search of your next delicious Italian meal. If you're stuck, we'll give you a hint: locals will always be able to give you some great recommendations!
Day 3: Positano, Rome
Spend the morning at leisure after an American-style buffet breakfast at your hotel, enjoying your last moments in this enchanting enclave. Meet with the rest of the group in the early afternoon and drive to Pompeii, where you will combine with another group and head back to Rome, arriving around 9:00 PM.
- Accommodation in 4* hotel in Positano
- Pick-up at Rome hotel
- 2 American breakfasts
- 1 lunch in Naples or Pompeii (drinks included)
- Excursion to Pompeii
- Ground transportation by motor coach with air conditioning
- Multinlingual tour ENG/SPA/FRE
- Entrance fee to Pompeii
- Airport transfers
- City taxes (to be paid directly at each hotel)
- Meals and drinks (where NOT specified)
- Tips (optional)
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
The price shown above refers to the price per person in double room.
- Apr-Oct: €1080,00
- May-Jun-Jul-Aug-Sep: €1160,00
- Apr-Oct: €560,00 per person
- May-Jun-Jul-Aug-Sep: €670,00 per person
Please, note that only one bag per person is allowed plus one piece of hand luggage.
Please, note that this is a multilingual tour (English, Spanish and French).
The cancellation policy for this tour is:
- for cancellation made within 21 working days prior departure: no penalty
- for cancellation made from 20 to 14 working days prior departure: 35% penalty
- for cancellation made from 13 to 7 working days prior departure: 60% penalty
- for cancellation made from 6 to 3 working days prior departure: 80% penalty
- for cancellation made from 2 working days prior departure: 100% penalty
- for no-show: 100% penalty
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. Once your booking is confirmed we will email you a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.