Pick up included
Southern Italy Trip: from Rome to Naples, Pompeii ruins and Amalfi Coast
Experience the allure of Amalfi. See stunning natural scenery and learn the historical secrets of Naples. Visit the ancient maritime capital of Amalfi and explore the archaeological excavations at the city of Pompeii.
3-Days guided Tour from Rome to Amalfi Coast, Naples and Pompeii highlights:
- Admire Naples with a comfortable panoramic tour
- Experience the archaeological excavations at the ancient town of Pompeii
- Appreciate unparalleled Amalfi Coast vistas while driving along the Sorrentine Peninsula
- Spend a day getting to know Amalfi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and capital of an ancient maritime republic
- Tailor your trip: choose from optional excursions to the quaint coastal towns of Positano and Ravello
3-Days guided Tour from Rome to Amalfi Coast, Naples and Pompeii
Request more infoCustomize your trip!
Experience the allure of Amalfi. Departing from Rome, tour Southern Italy's most valuable historic and archaeological sites and visit small coastal towns tucked between the mountains and the sea.
Day 1: Rome - Naples - Pompeii - Amalfi
You will depart early froma a centrally located point in Rome and get onboard a comfortable coach bus. Admire the picturesque landscapes and countryside scenery as you drive 2.5 hours from Rome to Naples. Upon arrival in Naples, you will stay on the bus for a wonderful panoramic tour of the city, from Vomero area to Mergellina, admirign the incredible view on the Gulf of Naples and Mount Vesuviu. Then you will depart to reach Pompeii, where you will first enjoy a typical lunch with Neapolitan pizza.
After the delicious lunch, it will be time to continue on to the ruins of Pompeii, an ancient village tragically buried in 79 B.C.E. by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Witness the extensive archaeological excavations of the town and marvel at the ancient treasures unearthed from the ash listinening to the explanation of your expert guide.
Back on the bus, admire sensational views and quaint fishing villages as you drive along the Amalfi Coast. Free time for dinner (NOT included) and overnight in the hotel in Amalfi.
Day 2: Amalfi
After an American-style breakfast buffet at the hotel, the rest of the day is yours! Follow your heart to whatever calls to you in this picturesque coastal town.
Perhaps visit the center of Amalfi, where you can glean some information about its past existence as the capital of an ancient maritime republic. Maybe you just want to wander the streets, taking in the breathtaking beauty of this historic city, which is itself a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Luch is NOT included.
You can even spend some time on the beach and take a dip in the fresh Mediterranean water! Alternatively, participate in optional guided excursions to other points of interest in the area, like the lively fishing village and tourist enclave of Positano or the romantic town Ravello, located in the hills above Amalfi and known for its lush gardens and unparalleled vistas.
Free time for dinner (NOT included) and overnight in the hotel in Amalfi.
Day 3: Amalfi - Rome
After an American-style breakfast buffet at the hotel, spend your morning at your leisure. Lunch is NOT included.
Meet in the afternoon and head back to Pompeii, where you will join another group and return to Rome.
Other escorted eXPeriences from Rome
If you are in Rome and have less time at your disposal, have a look at the Day trip to Naples and Sorrento departing from Rome. Another option would be also a 2 Days escorted tour from Rome to visit Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri.
- Departure from Rome
- Naples (panoramic)
- Return to Rome
- Transportation by bus
- Accommodation in 4* hotel in Amalfi
- 2 American buffet breakfasts
- Panoramic tour of Naples by coach
- 1 lunch in Pompeii (pizza + 1 drink)
- Guided Visit to Pompeii
- Entrance fee to Pompeii
- Airport transfers in/out
- City taxes (to be paid directly at the hotel)
- Meals and beverages in Amalfi
- Tips (optional)
- Everything not mentioned in "Included"
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Single and triple rooms available. Contact us for info & prices.
Please, note that only one bag per person is allowed plus one piece of hand luggage.
The cancellation policy for this tour is:
- for cancellation made within 15 days prior departure: no penalty
- for cancellation made from 14 to 7 working days prior departure: 25% penalty
- for cancellation made from 6 to 4 working days prior departure: 50% penalty
- for cancellation made from 3 days or no-show or early departure: 100% penalty
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. Once your booking is confirmed we will email you a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.