Pick up included
Southern Italy Trip: from Rome to Naples, Pompeii ruins and Amalfi Coast
Experience the allure of Amalfi. See stunning natural scenery and learn the historical secrets of Naples. Visit the ancient maritime capital of Amalfi and explore the archaeological excavations at the city of Pompeii. Swim in refreshing Mediterranean waters and see quaint fishing villages.
3-Days guided Tour from Rome to Amalfi Coast, Naples and Pompeii highlights:
- Explore the center of Naples, the city's historic heart, with an experienced local guide
- Experience the archaeological excavations at the ancient town of Pompeii
- Appreciate unparalleled Amalfi Coast vistas while driving along the Sorrentine Peninsula
- Spend a day getting to know Amalfi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and capital of an ancient maritime republic
- Tailor your trip: choose from optional excursions to the quaint coastal towns of Positano and Ravello or take a dip in the calm Mediterranean Sea
Request more infoCustomize your trip!
Experience the allure of Amalfi. Tour Southern Italy's most valuable historic and archaeological sites and visit small coastal towns tucked between the mountains and the sea.
Day 1: Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi
We will come to pick you up from your central Rome hotel. Board a comfortable coach bus and relax as you peer through the window at the picturesque landscapes and countryside scenery on the drive from Rome to Naples. Once in Naples, an expert local guide will lead you on a walking tour of the city's center and historical heart. Marvel at the Royal Palace, the Gallery of Umberto I, the Piazza del Plebiscito, the San Carlo Opera House, and several breathtaking churches. Listen closely as your guide recounts the history of Naples and reveals its secrets.
Next, pause en route to Pompeii at a coral and cameo factory, an interesting stop which has some great souvenirs. After a delicious lunch in a typical Italian restaurant, continue on to the village of Pompeii, buried underneath ash and lava in 79 B.C.E. by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Witness the extensive archaeological excavations taking place and glimpse the ancient treasures unearthed from the ash.
Back on the bus, admire sensational views and quaint fishing villages as you drive along the Amalfi Coast. Free for dinner and stay the night in a comfortable hotel in Amalfi, resting up for the next day of adventures.
Day 2: Amalfi
After an American-style breakfast buffet at the hotel, the rest of the day is yours! Follow your heart to whatever calls to you in this picturesque coastal town.
Perhaps visit the center of Amalfi, where you can glean some information about its past existence as the capital of an ancient maritime republic. Maybe you just want to wander the streets, taking in the breathtaking beauty of this historic city, which is itself a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
You can even spend some time on a private beach and take a dip in the fresh Mediterranean water! Alternatively, participate in optional guided excursions to other points of interest in the area, like the lively fishing village and tourist enclave of Positano or the romantic town Ravello, located in the hills above Amalfi and known for its lush gardens and unparalleled vistas.
Day 3: Amalfi, Pompeii, Rome
Spend your morning at leisure after a buffet breakfast at the hotel. Meet in the afternoon and head back to Pompeii, where you will join another group and return to Rome, getting in at approximately 9:00 PM.
- Pick-up at Rome hotel
- Accommodation in 4* hotel in Amalfi
- 2 breakfasts
- 1 lunch in Naples or Pompeii (water and 1 soft drink included)
- Visit to Pompeii
- Ground transportation by motor coach with air conditioning
- Entrance fee to Pompeii
- Multilingual tour ENG/FRE/SPA
- Airport transfers
- City taxes (to be paid directly at each hotel)
- Tips (optional)
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
The price shown above refers to the price per person in double room.
- Apr-Oct: €645,00
- May-Jun-Jul-Aug-Sep: €775,00
- Apr-Oct: €425,00 per person
- May-Jun-Jul-Aug-Sep: €510,00 per person
Please, note that only one bag per person is allowed plus one piece of hand luggage.
Please, note that this is a multilingual tour (English, Spanish and French).
The cancellation policy for this tour is:
- for cancellation made within 21 working days prior departure: no penalty
- for cancellation made from 20 to 14 working days prior departure: 35% penalty
- for cancellation made from 13 to 7 working days prior departure: 60% penalty
- for cancellation made from 6 to 3 working days prior departure: 80% penalty
- for cancellation made from 2 working days prior departure: 100% penalty
- for no-show: 100% penalty
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. Once your booking is confirmed we will email you a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.