Pick up included
Southern Italy Trip: from Rome to Naples, Pompeii ruins and Amalfi Coast
Experience the allure of Amalfi. See stunning natural scenery and learn the historical secrets of Naples. Visit the ancient maritime capital of Amalfi and explore the archaeological excavations at the city of Pompeii.
3-Days guided Tour from Rome to Amalfi Coast, Naples and Pompeii highlights:
- Explore the center of Naples, the city's historic heart, with an eXPerienced local guide
- Experience the archaeological excavations at the ancient town of Pompeii
- Appreciate unparalleled Amalfi Coast vistas while driving along the Sorrentine Peninsula
- Spend a day getting to know Amalfi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and capital of an ancient maritime republic
- Tailor your trip: choose from optional excursions to the quaint coastal towns of Positano and Ravello
3-Days guided Tour from Rome to Amalfi Coast, Naples and Pompeii
Request more infoCustomize your trip!
Experience the allure of Amalfi. Departing from Rome, tour Southern Italy's most valuable historic and archaeological sites and visit small coastal towns tucked between the mountains and the sea.
Day 1: Rome - Naples - Pompeii - Amalfi
You will be picked up early from your centrally located hotel in Rome and brought to a comfortable coach bus. Admire the picturesque landscapes and countryside scenery as you drive 2.5 hours from Rome to Naples with your professional tour escort. Upon arrival in Naples, an experienced local guide will lead you on a walking tour of the city's historical heart. See the Royal Palace, the Gallery of Umberto I, the Piazza del Plebiscito, the San Carlo Opera House, and truly beautiful churches. Listen as your guide shares the secrets of the timeworn heart of Naples. Then you will enjoy a typical lunch.
On your way to Pompeii, make a quick stop at a coral and cameo factory. This interesting aside is a great place to buy some souvenirs! Then, you will continue on to the ruins of Pompeii, an ancient village tragically buried in 79 B.C.E. by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Witness the extensive archaeological excavations of the town and marvel at the ancient treasures unearthed from the ash.
Back on the bus, admire sensational views and quaint fishing villages as you drive along the Amalfi Coast. Free time for dinner (NOT included) and overnight in the hotel in Amalfi.
Day 2: Amalfi
After an American-style breakfast buffet at the hotel, the rest of the day is yours! Follow your heart to whatever calls to you in this picturesque coastal town.
Perhaps visit the center of Amalfi, where you can glean some information about its past existence as the capital of an ancient maritime republic. Maybe you just want to wander the streets, taking in the breathtaking beauty of this historic city, which is itself a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Luch is NOT included.
You can even spend some time on the beach and take a dip in the fresh Mediterranean water! Alternatively, participate in optional guided excursions to other points of interest in the area, like the lively fishing village and tourist enclave of Positano or the romantic town Ravello, located in the hills above Amalfi and known for its lush gardens and unparalleled vistas.
Free time for dinner (NOT included) and overnight in the hotel in Amalfi.
Day 3: Amalfi - Rome
After an American-style breakfast buffet at the hotel, spend your morning at your leisure. Lunch is NOT included.
Meet in the afternoon and head back to Pompeii, where you will join another group and return to Rome.
Other escorted eXPeriences from Rome
If you are in Rome and have less time at your disposal, have a look at the Day trip to Naples and Sorrento departing from Rome. Another option would be also a 2 Days escorted tour from Rome to visit Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri.
- Departure from Rome
- Return to Rome
- Pick-up from centrally located hotels in Rome
- Accommodation in 4* hotel in Amalfi
- 2 American buffet breakfasts
- 1 lunch in Naples or Pompeii (drinks NOT included)
- Visit to Pompeii
- Transportation by bus
- Entrance fee to Pompeii
- Multilingual tour ENG/FRE/SPA
- Entrance fees to Pompeii
- Airport transfers in/out
- City taxes (to be paid directly at the hotel)
- Drinks during lunch in Naples or Pompeii
- Meals and beverages in Amalfi
- Tips (optional)
- Everything not mentioned in "Included"
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Please, note that only one bag per person is allowed plus one piece of hand luggage.
The cancellation policy for this tour is:
- for cancellation made within 18 days prior departure: no penalty
- for cancellation made from 17 to 7 working days prior departure: 50% penalty
- for cancellation made from 6 to 0 working days prior departure: 100% penalty
- for no-show or early departure: 100% penalty
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. Once your booking is confirmed we will email you a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.