Pick up included
Tour of Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri in 2 days with guide
Join a 2-day escorted tour: discover the beautiful historical heart of Naples, visit the well-known excavations of Pompeii and the stunning Blue Grotto. Meals, transport, tour escort and local guides included!
2-Days guided tour from Rome to Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri highlights:
- Visit Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, and Capri with a multilingual tour escort
- Wander through history with a guided walking tour of Naples' classic historical center
- Drive along the stunning Sorrentine Peninsula and dine in the lovely town of Sorrento
- Experience the excavations at the ancient village of Pompeii
- Sail to the Isle of Capri and explore the charming town of Anacapri
Request more infoCustomize your trip!
Do you have so little time but feel as though there's so much to do? Sit back and relax on a comfortable coach bus while you will discover the best of what Southern Italy has to offer. Remember: transfers,meals, tour escort and local guides are included in the price!
Day 1: Rome - Naples - Pompeii - Sorrento
Be ready, as you will be picked up early from your centrally located hotel in Rome and bought to a coach bus. Enjoy the beautiful landscapes and the quaint countryside scenery as you drive from Rome to Naples with your professional tour escort.
Once arrived in Naples, a local guide will lead you on a walking tour of the city's heart and historical center. Here, you will get to see the Royal Palace, the Gallery of Umberto I, the Piazza del Plebiscito, the San Carlo Opera House, and some truly amazing churches. As you admire the ornate, timeworn architecture of historical Naples, listen as your local guide shares its secrets.
From Naples, progress to Pompeii and make a quick stop at a coral and cameo factory on the way. Witness the interesting proccesses at hand in the factory, which is a great place to buy some souvenirs! Next, enjoy a traditional Italian lunch in a typical restaurant. Now be prepared for the ruins of Pompeii, an ancient town destroyed in 79 B.C.E. by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Marvel at the extensive archaeological excavations taking place and the ancient treasures unearthed from underneath the ash and stones.
After the guided adventure through Pompeii, board the bus and take in the picturesque scenery of the Sorrentine Peninsula. Arrive in Sorrento and stay overnight at a well-regarded hotel, where dinner will be served.
Day 2: Sorrento - Capri - Rome
Eat an American-style buffet breakfast before departing the hotel for the morning ferry to the world-famous Capri. Enjoy the stunning coastal landscape and tranquil Tyrrhenian Sea waters before arriving at the Marina Grande on the island.
Once there, venture to the exotic Blue Grotto (weather and sea conditions permitting), an enchanting sea cave. Next, travel by minibus up to Anacapri, a high vantage point which yields stunning vistas.
Join a typical lunch in a restaurant and your free time in this charming town; then head back to the Marina Grande and take the ferry to Sorrento. From here, you will board the comfortable coach once again and head back to Rome.
Other eXPeriences from Rome
If you are in Rome and have less time at your disposal, do not miss the chance to visit Pompeii and Naples with a wonderful Day trip to Naples and Sorrento departing from Rome. Otherwise, if you have more time, you can choose the option of a 3-Days Escorted Tour from Rome to Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri.
- Departing from Rome
- Return to Rome
- Pick-up from centrally located hotels in Rome
- Accommodation in 4* hotel in Sorrento
- 1 American buffet breakfast
- 1 dinner (drinks NOT included)
- 1 lunch in Naples or Pompeii (drinks NOT included)
- 1 lunch in Capri (drinks NOT included)
- Excursion to Pompeii and Capri
- Visit of the Blue Grotto (weather and sea conditions permitting)
- Transportation by bus
- Multilingual Tour ENG/FRE/SPA
- Entrance fee to Pompeii
- Airport transfers in/out
- City taxes (to be paid directly to the hotel)
- Tips (optional)
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Please, note that only one bag per person is allowed plus one piece of hand luggage.
The cancellation policy for this tour is:
- for cancellation made within 18 days prior departure: no penalty
- for cancellation made from 17 to 7 working days prior departure: 50% penalty
- for cancellation made from 6 to 0 working days prior departure: 100% penalty
- for no-show or early departure: 100% penalty
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. Once your booking is confirmed we will email you a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.
Reviewed by An ItalyXP customer from
Beautiful landscape and smooth process!
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to the Amalfi Coast (Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri). Although a short stay, one night, the hotel was beautiful. The boat tour of Blue Grotto was awesome!
The only thing we could have been informed more about, was that the meal at the hotel was a "dress-up"; event as it was a five-course meal. Other than that... excellent trip altogether! Glad we spent the money to do it!