Bestseller!Pick up included
3 days Trip From Rome to Capri Island, Sorrento, Pompeii and Naples
Head South and experience the allure of the Naples area: famous history, archaeology, and unique natural beauty. Tour the fascinating historical center of Naples, explore excavations at the village of Pompeii, and admire Capri's enchanting Blue Grotto. Meals, transport, and expert guide included.
South Italy in a 3-days trip: Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri from Rome highlights:
- Spend 3 days visiting Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, and Capri with expert guides to accompany you
- Walk through the historic heart of Naples and listen as a local guide brings history to life
- Explore the excavations at the ancient village of Pompeii
- Sail to the famous Island of Capri, explore the quaint town of Anacapri and take a magical swim in the stunning Blue Grotto
- Spend a free day exploring the charming town of Sorrento or other nearby villages like Positano or Amalfi
Request more infoCustomize your trip!
Explore the best of what Southern Italy and the alluring Naples area have to offer! Tour a fantastic variety of attractions in just 3 days. Let us take care of the logistics and turn your full attention to the natural and historic wonders you're about to witness.
DAY 1: Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento
We'll pick you up bright and early from your central Rome hotel and bring you to our comfortable coach bus. Admire the picturesque landscapes and countryside scenery as you drive 2.5 hours from Rome to Naples with your professional tour escort. Upon arrival in Naples, an experienced local guide will lead you on a walking tour of the city's historical heart. See the Royal Palace, the Gallery of Umberto I, the Piazza del Plebiscito, the San Carlo Opera House, and truly beautiful churches. Listen as your guide shares the secrets of the timeworn heart of Naples. According to the season, you'll enjoy a typical lunch here or in Pompeii.
On your way to Pompeii, make a quick stop at a coral and cameo factory. This interesting aside is a great place to buy some souvenirs! Then, we'll continue on to the ruins of Pompeii, an ancient village tragically buried in 79 B.C.E. by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Witness the extensive archaeological excavations of the town and marvel at the ancient treasures unearthed from the ash. In the evening, progress to Sorrento, where you'll eat a delectable dinner and stay the night.
DAY 2: Sorrento, Capri
Eat breakfast before catching the ferry to the famed Isle of Capri. Admire the grand coastal landscape and tranquil Tyrrhenian Sea during your ride. Arrive at the Marina Grande in Capri. Once on the island, embark on a (weather-permitting) adventure to the enchanting Blue Grotto, an exotic sea cave. Here, relax in the midst of a unique natural wonder and take a quick swim in bright blue water. After, wander through the rich Gardens of Augustus, a luscious terraced enclave with amazing overhead views of the sea and Faraglioni rock formations.
Later, take a minibus to Anacapri, a high vantage point with equally stunning vistas. After lunch in the quaint town of Anacapri, return to the Marina Grande and take the ferry back to Sorrento for dinner.
DAY 3: Sorrento, Rome
Enjoy an American-style breakfest buffet before setting out to explore the popular town of Sorrento. Today is a free day, so do whatever your heart desires! Stroll through Sorrentine streets and shops or visit some other attractive villages on the peninsula.
One favorite is nearby Positano, a lively fishing village and tourist enclave tucked in between the mountains and the sea. Or perhaps venture to the town of Amalfi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and capital of an ancient maritime republic. Grab lunch on your own and meet back in Sorrento in the late afternoon to board the coach with your guide. Start the drive back to Rome, where you will arrive around 9:00 P.M.
Other Tours from Rome
If you are in Rome and have less time at your disposal, do not miss the chance to visit Pompeii and Naples with a wonderful Day trip to Naples and Sorrento departing from Rome:on this day-trip departing from Rome you will visit the centre of Naples and the archaeological site of Pompeii, two of the most popular areas of the Campania region. Aboard a comfortable coach you can travel without worries and then enjoy the visits in two timeless places. Another option would be also a 2 Days escorted tour from Rome to visit Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri.
- Pick-up at the hotel in Rome
- Accommodation in 4* hotel in Sorrento
- 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners (drinks NOT included), 1 lunch in Naples or Pompeii (drinks included) and 1 lunch in Capri (drinks NOT included)
- Full day excursions in Pompeii and Capri
- Visit of the Blue Grotto (weather permitting)
- Ground transportation by motor coach with air conditioning
- Multilingual tour ENG/FRE/SPA
- Entrance fees
- Airport transfers
- City taxes (to be paid directly at hotel)
- Drinks (where NOT included)
- Tips (optional)
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
The price displayed refers to the price per person in a double room. The price per person in a single room is €605,00 in winter season and €810,00 from 1st Apr to 31st Oct. The price per person in a triple room is €465,00 in winter season and €630,00 from 1st Apri to 31st Oct.
Please, note that only one bag per person is allowed plus one piece of hand luggage.
The cancellation policy for this tour is:
- for cancellation made within 21 working days prior departure: no penalty
- for cancellation made from 20 to 14 working days prior departure: 35% penalty
- for cancellation made from 13 to 7 working days prior departure: 60% penalty
- for cancellation made from 6 to 3 working days prior departure: 80% penalty
- for cancellation made from 2 working days prior departure: 100% penalty
- for no-show: 100% penalty
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. Once your booking is confirmed we will email you a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.
Reviewed by Marilyn S. from
Perfect experience even in the rain!
Went to Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, and Capri. Accommodations were excellent along with our guides.
Reviewed by Clara K. from
Trip was very interesting overall, but nape guide and Capri guide were not as we were told to expect. Naples was very rushed. In Capri Marco was more interested in drumming up business for the forthcoming season. We felt we were a bit of an inconvenience and left to our own devices. Loved the visit to the blue grotto. Enjoyed Capri.