Pick up included Immediate confirmation
Boat and coach Tour to Pompeii and the Vesuvius from Sorrento with pick-up
This small-group tour combines history and culture with relax, as you will visit the archeological site of the ancient city of Pompeii, Mount Vesuvius in the Natural Park. Enjoy your transfers by boat and bus!
Excursion to Pompeii and to the Vesuvius from Sorrento by boat highlights:
- Depart from your centrally located hotel in Sorrento with the pick-up service included
- Enjoy a pleasant sailing eXPerience from Sorrento to Castellammare di Stabia
- Discover the archaeological site of Pompeii, destroyed by the violent eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD
- Visit the Mount Vesuvius: at a height of 1000 meters, you will observe the crater of the “Sleeping Giant"
- Discover the area and immerse yourself in the beauty of the blue waters
Excursion to Pompeii and to the Vesuvius from Sorrento by boat
Request more infoCustomize your trip!
If you are looking for the perfect combination of relax, culture and nature this mini-tour is perfect for you! From Sorrento, you will reach by boat two of the incredible Italian treasures, Pompeii and Vesuvius, for something different in a great one-day excursion.
You will comfortably wait at the standard meeting point and the pick-up service will take you to the port of Sorrento. Once there, you will embark on your amazing boat and sail from there to the Castellammare di Stabia port. You will admire the Sorrentinian Coast and the blue water and beautiful landscapes. Once you will get to Castellammare di Stabia, you will be taken to your comfortable bus, onboard which you will get to the first stop of your tour: Pompeii.
Explore the ancient city of Pompeii
Pompeii is a famous ancient city that attracts plenty of tourists every year. You may be interested in the ancient history and civilization, magnificent volcanoes, powerful eruptions, wonderful views, sailing, or discovering more about Italy.
Once you will get to the archaeological site, you will purchase the entrance ticket (entrance fee NOT included: to be paid on spot the day of the tour). Then you will enter the site and meet the English-speaking expert guide who will lead your tour to the excavations. Travel back in time, to 79 AD, when the violent eruption of Vesuvius surprised the citizen of Pompeii! The visit to the archeological site will last about 2 hours and a half.
Enjoy your lunch on the beautiful Vesuvius Volcano
Your tour will then continue to the Vesuvius Volcano. After a visit of a vineyard on the slopes of Mount Vesuvio, you will enjoy lunch and wine tasting. Then you will enter the National Park purchase the ticket (entrance fee NOT included: to be paid on spot the day of the tour): you will be driven onboard your coach towards the mountain.
Visit the crater of the "Sleeping Giant" with the assistance of a guide. This person will give you an explanation regarding the origin of the volcano and its geographical characteristics.
Do not worry about transportation and transfers
From the top of the volcano you will be able to admire the beautiful Gulf of Naples and the stunning view of the Coast.
Then you will be transferred by bus from Vesuvius to the port of Castellammare di Stabia. From there, you will embark again on your comfortable boat and sail back towards Sorrento, with a stop for an unforgettable swim in the blue sea! Return to the port of Piano di Sorrento and transfer back to your hotel or to the meeting point.
Other eXPeriences from Sorrento
If you are willing to eXPerience something particular in Campania region, depart from Sorrento to Amalfi, Ravello or a Special Dinner in Positano!
- Transfer to the port of Piano di Sorrento
- Embark on a boat in the port of Sorrento to sail towards the port of Castellammare di Stabia
- Onboard a bus toward Pompeii
- Guided visit to Pompeii
- Visit a celebrated vineyard on the slopes of the Mount Vesuvio
- Guided visit to Mount Vesuvius
- Transfer by bus from Vesuvius to the port of Castellammare di Stabia
- Departure by boat to Sorrento sailing along the coast (swimming stop)
- Return to the port of Piano di Sorrento
- Transfer back to the designated meeting point
- Transfer by bus Sorrento-port of Piano di Sorrento-Sorrento
- Boat trip Sorrento-Castellammare di Stabia port-Sorrento
- Skipper on board
- Transfer by bus to Pompeii-Mt. Vesuvius-Castellammare di Stabia port
- English-speaking assistant on the bus
- English-speaking guide in Pompeii (approx. 2 hours and a half)
- Visit a vineyard on Mt. Vesuvius
- Lunch+wine tasting
- Visit the crater with a guide
- Entrance fee to Pompeii
- Entrance fee to Vesuvius
- Tips (Optional)
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
The entrance fees to the Ruins of Pompeii and to Mount Vesuvius are NOT included. If you have access to any discount, bring your passport or ID and show it at the ticket office on-site, when you will purchase your entrance tickets.
Limited wheelchair and buggy access. We regret to inform you that this tour is not available for people with impaired mobility.
We remind you that the temperatures on the top of Mount Vesuvius could be much lower than those in the city. Don't forget to cover yourself adequately!
The tour will depart with a minimum number of 4 passengers.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking. You will receive a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.