Pick up included Immediate confirmation
Boat and coach Tour to Pompeii and the Vesuvius from Sorrento with pick-up
This small-group tour combines history and culture with relax, as you will visit the archeological site of the ancient city of Pompeii, the Mount Vesuvius in the Natural Park. Enjoy your transfers by boat and bus!
Excursion to Pompeii and to the Vesuvius from Sorrento by boat highlights:
- Depart from your centrally located hotel in Sorrento with the pick-up service included
- Enjoy a pleasant sailing experience from Sorrento to Castellammare di Stabia
- Discover the archaeological site of Pompeii, destroyed by the violent eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD
- Visit the Mount Vesuvius: at a height of 1000 meters, you will observe the crater of the “Sleeping Giant"
- Take advantage of your free time: discover the area and immerse yourself in the beauty of the blue waters
If you are looking for the perfect combination of relax, culture and nature this mini-tour is perfect for you! From Sorrento, you will reach by boat two of the incredible Italian treasures, Pompeii and Vesuvius, for something different in a great one-day excursion.
You will comfortably wait at your centrally located hotel in Sorrento and the pick-up service will take you to the port of Sorrento. Once there, you will embark on your amazing boat and sail from there to the Castellammare di Stabia port. You will admire the Sorrentinian Coast and the blue water and beautiful landscapes. Once you will get to Castellammare di Stabia, you will be taken to your comfortable bus, onboard which you will get to the first stop of your tour: Pompeii.
Explore the ancient city of Pompeii
Pompeii is a famous ancient city that attracts plenty of tourists every year. You may be interested in the ancient history and civilization, magnificent volcanoes, powerful eruptions, wonderful views, sailing, or discovering more about Italy. Once you will get to the archaeological site, you will have the chance to purchase the entrance ticket and then you will enter the site and meet the expert guide who will lead your tour to the excavations.
Travel back in time, in 79 AD, when the violent eruption of Vesuvius surprised the citizen of Pompeii! The visit to the archeological site will last about 2 hours and half.
Enjoy your break on the beautiful Vesuvius Volcano
You tour will then continue to the Vesuvius Volcano. After a guided visit to the Cellini gallery, Museum and Laboratory of corals and cameos, you will enter the National Park purchasing the ticket and then you will drive onboard your coach towards the mountain. You will have the chance to walk till the crater of the giant volcano. If you are interested in finding out more about the "Sleeping Giant", you can walk up to the crater and meet an authorized Alpine guide. This person will give you an explanation regarding the origin of the volcano and its geographical characteristics.
Do not worry about transportation and transfers
From the top of the volcano you will be able to admire the beautiful Gulf of Naples and the stunning view of the Coast.
Then you will be transfered by bus from Vesuvius to the port of Castellammare di Stabia. From there, you will embark again your comfortable boat and sail back towards Sorrento, with a stop for an unforgettable swim in the blue sea! Once back in Sorrento, the drop-off service will be provided.
Other tours from Sorrento
If you are willing to eXPerience something particular in Campania region, depart from Sorrento for a Vespa Ride in the Amalfi Coast or a Special Dinner in Positano!
- Pick-up from your centrally located hotel in Sorrento or from the meeting point
- Embark on boat in the port of Sorrento to sail towards the port of Castellammare di Stabia
- Onboard a bus towards Pompeii
- Guided visit of Pompeii
- Excursion by bus to the Mount Vesuvius
- Excursion by bus back to Castellammare di Stabia
- Sail back to Sorrento (swimming stop)
- Drop-off at your centrally located hotel or at the meeting point
- Pick-up from centrally located hotels Sorrento or meeting point
- Boat from Sorrento to Castellammare di Stabia
- Skipper on board
- Coach to Pompeii
- English-speaking guide in Pompeii (approx. 2 hrs and half)
- Guided visit to a laboratory of corals and cameos
- Coach to Mount Vesuvius
- Expert alpine guide on the Vesuvius volcano
- Coach to Castellammare di Stabia
- Boat to Sorrento
- Snack (Caprese sandwich) and water
- Drop-off at centrally located hotels Sorrento or meeting point
- Entrance fee to Pompeii (15 euro p.p.)
- Entrance fee to Vesuvius (10 euro p.p.)
- Tips (Optional)
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Please note that the entrance fees to the Ruins of Pompeii (15 euro p.p.) and to the Mount Vesuvius (10 euro p.p.) are NOT included. If you have access to any discount, bring your passport or ID and show it at the ticket office on site, when you will purchase your entrance tickets.
The pick-up service is available just from centrally located hotels in Sorrento. The pick-up time will be indicated on your confirmation voucher.
Limited wheelchair and buggy access. We regret to inform you that this tour is not available for people with impaired mobility.
Please note that the guide service will be provided just during the visit of the archaeological site of Pompeii and on the top of the Vesuvius Volcano (alpine guide).
We remind you that the temperatures on the top of Mount Vesuvius could be much lower than those in the city. Don't forget to cover yourself adequately!
Confirmation will be received at time of booking. You will receive a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.