Private excursion in Chianti region to Impruneta town
Join our unique tour to discover Impruneta, a small town at the gate of Chianti region,filled withnatural and architectural wonders. Led by our professional guide you will discover all the major sights of this ancient city, as well as its famous artisan traditions and its excellent cuisine.
Guided visit of Impruneta town in the Chianti region highlights:
- Discover the town of Impruneta and its treasures: ancient buildings, squares, folklore and excellent cuisine
- A small enchanting town, in the heart of Chianti region, a few steps from Florence
- Surrounded by green hills, Impruneta holds great craft traditions, art and fine cuisine
- Taste the main product of the region: the Chianti red wine, renowned in the whole world!
- Impruneta is also famous for the production of “terracotta”, with which Brunelleschi have built his famous Cupola!
Request more infoCustomize your trip!
This guided tour will take you to the discovery of the enchanting town of Impruneta, just a few kilometers from Florence, with lots of history, culture and ancient traditions.
Our tour of Impruneta begins in Piazza Buondelmonti, the main square, where our guide will tell you the story of the town, starting from its Etruscan origins up to its development in medieval times. Then, you will visit the Basilica of Santa Maria Impruneta, where you will relive the atmosphere made of miracles and memories of the past. You will also have the opportunity to visit the Museum of Religious Art, which hosts wall hangings, sacred furnishings, detached frescoes other eternal masterpieces such as the Cross of Ghiberti.
Thenext stop of our guided tour will be a typical craft shop, where you can discover the famous local “terracotta” made in Impruneta, produced from local clay and manufacture through an ancient technique that dates back to the Renaissance: just to make an example, Brunelleschi used this high-quality material for the dome of the Florence Cathedral.
After that, you will finally be able to eXPerience a tasting session dedicated to the local red wine, the famous Chianti Classico, whose quality is renowned across the world. The best way to end this amazing tour of Imbruneta, a Tuscany’s gem surrounded by green landscapes and ancient traditions.
More things to do in Florence!
If you would like to discover the surroundings of Florence, take a look at our Tour of Fiesole and the Florentine hills. Or, if you want to visit the must-see sights of the city, book our Florence Walk and Talk Tour.
- Historic centre of Impruneta
- Piazza Buondelmonti
- Basilica of Santa Maria
- The Museum of Religious Art
- Craft shop that manufactures terracotta
- Chianti winery
- Professional tourist guide
- Visit to the town of Impruneta
- Entrance to the Basilica of Santa Maria
- Entrance to the Museum of Religious Art
- Visit to a manufacturer of terracotta
- Tasting session of local products and Chianti wine
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
We suggest that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and wear sunglasses and a sun hat in the summer months.
Also, appropriate clothing is required for the entrance to museums and places of worship.
You can book your private transportation service with ItalyXP.
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. Once your booking is confirmed we will email you a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.