Tuscany visit to Rosia and the Hermitage of Santa Lucia
With our unique tour of Rosia you will discover one of the most hidden and least known areas of Tuscany, surrounded by natural and architectural wonders. Visit the charming village of Rosia, the Pia Bridge and the Hermitage of Santa Lucia, following the old road that leads from Siena to the Maremma.
Tuscany experience to Rosia and the Hermitage of Santa Lucia highlights:
- A magical journey through the medieval roads
- Admire this impressive land, characterized by limestone gorge and green rolling hills
- Let us tell you about the breathtaking love story of Pia dei Tolomei
- Discover the Gothic remains of the Hermitage of Saint Lucia
- Feel the beauty of this landscape, praised in Dante’s verses and in the 14th century literature
Tuscany experience to Rosia and the Hermitage of Santa Lucia
Request more infoCustomize your trip!
This exciting tour will take you to discover an ancient and little-known area of Tuscany, yet still full of charm and beauty. The first stop of the excursion will be Rosia, a small village built around an ancient church and a castle. A mysterious place that weaves its history with that of Pia de’ Tolomei, Sienese noblewoman also mentioned in the Divine Comedy.
The tour to Rosia continues on an abandoned stretch of a medieval road that once led to the Maremma. Here, the path is rugged, closed in the limestone gorge of the Rosia River. Here, we will cross the Ponte della Pia (Pia Bridge), a historic bridge with a single round arch whose origins date back to Roman times.
We will continue our journey through the old mule, still partly paved, until we will reach a the imposing ruins of the Hermitage of Santa Lucia, built before the 1.200 and abandoned after the 1.500: a place of great interest full of mysterious stories and legends.
Join this excursion in the heart of Tuscany and eXPerience this hidden lovely area surrounded by nature, culture and history.
More eXPeriences in Tuscany!
Discover some architectural gems hidden in the nature, book our Tour to the Hermitage of Montespecchio or Tour to Pernina and Villa Cetinale. You might also be interested in a wonderful hike tour: Tuscany Excursion to Montemaggio.
- The historic centre of Rosia
- The Castle of Rosia
- Ponte dela Pia (Pia Bridge)
- From the provincial road '3bis Siena - Roccastrada' to the Hermitage of Santa Lucia
- Professional tourist guide
- Visit to the village of Rosia
- Excursion into the forest
- Visit to the Hermitage of Santa Lucia
- Tips (optional)
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
We suggest that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and wear sunglasses and a sun hat in the summer months.
Also, make sure to do not forget to bring a bottle of water.
You can book your private transportation service with ItalyXP.
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. Once your booking is confirmed we will email you a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.