Tuscany activity to Montalcino and its surroundings
Landscapes, history and culture merge together in our picturesque tour: from the historic centre of Montalcino, town of fine wine, our expert guide will take you to a pleasant walk through woods and rolling hills to the Abbey of Sant'Antimo, charming monastery in the heart of the Tuscan countryside.
Tuscany Excursion to Montalcino and its surroundings highlights:
- Experience the sights around Montalcino, town of Brunello, one of Italy's best-known and most refined wines.
- Admire the breathtaking landscape from the Passo del Lume Spento (mountain pass).
- Walking through the vineyards, the cultivated fields and the Mediterranean forest you will discover small historic settlements, such as the church of Villa a Tolli.
- From the descent you will arrive to the massive Mount Amiata, one of the largest lava domes in the region.
- Discover the Abbey of Sant’Antimo, a Benedictine monastery from the 9th century.
Tuscany Excursion to Montalcino and its surroundings
Request more infoCustomize your trip!
Experience the charm of the Tuscan countryside with this hike tour in the surrounding enchanting area of Montalcino, to the discovery of many architectural and natural treasures.
Starting from Montalcino, town of Brunello wine, our expert guide will take you on a journey through the Tuscan woods, to a plateau that overlooks the city: from here you can enjoy a fantastic view of the territory that extends towards Siena, towards the hills of the Val d'Arbia (valley) and towards the distant Metalliferous Hills.
Our tour will continue to the Passo del Lume Spento, a mountain pass from which you will be able to enjoy the open countryside dotted with vineyards and cultivated fields. Then, you will reach the rural settlement of Villa a Tolli, a small village characterized by a lovely Romanesque church and a tranquil atmosphere, perfect to relax and breathe fresh air.
The final part of our hike tour around Montalcino winds along the path that leads down to the Abbey of Sant’Antimo, a Benedicte monastery that overlooks the volcanic con of the Mount Amiata, cloaked in Mediterranean vegetation. The abbey is one of the most important examples of Tuscan-Romanesque style building with a history that spans centuries, and represents an authentic treasure for lovers of art and culture.
Do not miss this hike tour and discover this lovely natural area, among the greenest in the whole Italy.
Other Things To Do in Tuscany
If you are interested in this kind of tour, thanks to which you can discover the beautiful medieval towns of Tuscany, we recommend the Brunello Grand Tour and the Tour of Montalcino, Pienza and Montepulciano!
- Mountain Pass of Lume Spento
- Villa a Tolli
- Abbey of Sant'Antimo
- Professional tourist guide
- Visit to Montalcino
- Excursion to the forest and the Mountain Pass of Lume Spento
- Entrance to the Abbey of Sant'Antimo
- Tips (optional)
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
We suggest that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and wear sunglasses and a sun hat in the summer months.
Also, make sure to do not forget to bring a bottle of water.
You can book your private transportation service with ItalyXP.
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. Once your booking is confirmed we will email you a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.