Pick up included
Day excursion around Sardinia wild areas departing from Cagliari
Our exciting day trip from Cagliari will take you to the discovery of the wonderful unspoiled inner area of Sardinia. Accompanied by an expert guide, you will visit the mountain village of Aritzo, its ancient handicradt traditions and delicious food and wine produced locally.
One day Trip to the wildest areas of Sardinia, departing from Cagliari highlights:
- Depart from Cagliari to reach a fascinating, little-known area in Sardinia
- Discover the mountain town Aritzo and its ancient traditions
- Enjoy some trekking in the region of Barbagia, surrounded by nature
- Meet the local shepherds and attend a demonstration of cheese making
- Enjoy a genuine lunch with local food and Cannonau wine tasting
One day Trip to the wildest areas of Sardinia, departing from Cagliari
Request more infoCustomize your trip!
The island of Sardinia is renowned for its sunny coasts and its white and sandy beaches, but there are beautiful places worth visiting also in its inner area. Thisday trip from Cagliari will take you to discover this little-known, yet fascinating mountain area!
A full day excursion to visit the wildest area of Sardinia
You will depart directly from your hotel in Cagliari, or from any other address you prefer within the city, travelling aboard a comfortable mini-bus. You will enjoy a panoramic drive through a wonderful region of Barbagia, alongside the Mount Gennargentu.
The first stop of this day trip will be Artizo, a lovely mountain village standing at 800 at 800 meters above sea level. Its streets lined by old stone houses exude an atmosphere from the past, and with your expert guide you will visit its several heritage attractions.
A guided visit of Aritzo, a wonderful village of Sardinia
Exploring the historic centre of Aritzo, you can still see the remains of the old Domos de nie (the “houses of snow”), where the snow was collected for the summer months. But you will also admire the ancient handicraft shops where the chestnut wood is processed: here, you will admire the beautiful handmade wooden, made with the traditional techniques of “aritzese” sculpture.
This area is also home to the natural monument of Su Texile, a huge limestone outcrop. Aritzo is famed for its sweet and pastry production, including the traditional walnut and hazelnut nougat and "carapigna", a lemon sorbet still made in the old way.
Enjoy wine and cheese tasting in the Barbagia region of Sardinia
This guided excursion in the wildest part of Sardinia will also include the view of the preparation of traditional cheese at a shepherd house, followed by a rich lunch with wine tasting.
In the afternoon you will take a guided tour of the historic center of Aritzo with entrance to the ethnographic museum, the former Spanish prison and "house of Devilla".
· The second Sunday of August there is "Sa Carapigna" festival with the tasting of the ancient and famous traditional lemon sorbet.
· The last Sunday of October, there is a traditional chestnut festival, which attracts people from all over Sardinia.
- Pick-up at your hotel (Cagliari)
- Panoramic of the Barbagia area
- Trekking through the mountains
- Visit to a traditional sheepfold
- Historic centre of Aritzo
- Ethnographic museum and prison
- Return to the hotel (Cagliari)
- Pick-up & drop-off at your hotel
- Transportation by mini-bus
- Accredited guide
- Demonstration of cheese production
- Brunch and wine tasting
- Guided visit of Aritzo
- Entrance to the museum & the prison
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. Once your booking is confirmed we will email you a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.
We suggest wearing comfortable clothes and sunglasses. In the summer months, it is also recommended to bring a hat, water and sunscreen.
Also, make sure to bring your camera with you!