Private and Guided Visit of Florence following the footsteps of the Medici family
The Medici was the richest and most powerful family in Florence, and this tour will offer you an accurate portrayal of their time. Through Florence’s monuments, you will discover the legends that surround this royal family. The power, art, love, conspiracies: an ancient history yet to be discovered!
Private Guided Excursion of Florence in the footsteps of the Medici family highlights:
- Discover the Medici royal family, a dynasty that ruled the city of Florence throughout the Renaissance
- The whole town tells the story of the Medici: from the streets to the historic downtown buildings
- Experience a day in Florence as a Lord, walking through the masterpieces of Michelangelo, Brunelleschi, Vasari, Donatello, Giambologna, etc.
- Immerse yourself between the marbles of the Medici Chapels and discover the favorite hiding place of Michelangelo
- A unique eXPerience to visit the city of Florence and its eternal treasures
Private Guided Excursion of Florence in the footsteps of the Medici family
Request more infoCustomize your trip!
This unique private guided tour of Florence will take you to the places that were once the scene of the story of one of the longest-running Lords of Italy. Discover the Medici, a royal family that has dominated Italian and European history for at least three centuries, and that left traces still visible today in the streets and palaces of Florence.
Walk through the ancient streets of Florence city center
Your private guided tour of Florence city center begins with a visit to Palazzo Medici Riccardi, one of the first Medici residences and one of the first Renaissance buildings in the city. Here, you will have the possibility to admire the magnificence of the Chapel of the Magi: a wonderful private Chapel, completely frescoed by Benozzo Gozzoli.
You will learn to recognize Cosimo de' Medici (known as ‘the Elder’), Lorenzo de’ Medici (known as ‘the Magnificent), and all his brothers, famous names associated with the history of Florence and Italy.
Discover the Medici royal family, a dynasty that ruled Florence throughout the Renaissance
During your private guided tour of Florence, you will head to the ancient Basilica of St. Lawrence, the place of burial of the worthy members of the wealthy Florentine family and their loyal artists, such as the famous Donatello. A few meters away you can get into the Medici Chapels, another private Chapel whose author is the brilliant Michelangelo.
This fantastic and exclusive eXPerience continues through the historic center with the Duomo (Santa Maria del Fiore), the Baptistery (San Giovanni), the Giotto’s bell tower, and the Brunelleschi’s Dome.
Learn more stories and legends about the Medici family from your expert local guide
Here, you will learn from your private expert local guide a lot of captivating stories and legends about the Medici family: for example the dramatic episode of the Pazzi family’s conspiracy, but also romantic love stories.
The next stop of your private guided tour of Florence will be the Piazza della Signoria. Here, you will visit a gallery that holds Roman sculptures along with the wonderful masterpieces of such artists as Cellini and Giambologna. Also, you will visit the Palazzo Vecchio behind the medieval appearance hides a luxurious interior. From there you will be accompanied to Ponte Vecchio, the city's most famous bridge, with its romantic postcard view of Florence.
More exclusive eXPeriences in Florence
If you want to learn more about the history of Florence through its monuments, we recommend the Florence Tour to discover the Street Names of the Historic Centre or the Guided Tour of Villa Bardini in Florence!
- Palazzo Medici Riccardi
- Basilica of St. Lawrence
- Medici Chapels
- Piazza del Duomo
- Florence Cathedral
- Florence Baptistery
- Piazza della Signoria
- Ponte Vecchio
- Palazzo Pitti
- Professional tourist guide
- Visit Florence's historic center
- Entrance to the Palazzo Medici Riccardi
- Entrance to the Basilica of St. Lawrence
- Entrance to the Medici Chapels
- Entrance to the Palazzo Pitti and other museums, monuments, and attractions not specified
- Tips (optional)
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Appropriate clothing is required for the entrance to museums and places of worship.
Please, note the following times and closing dates:
- Entrance to the Palazzo Medici Riccardi: 9:00-18:00, closed on Wednesday.
- Entrance to the Basilica of St. Lawrence: 10:00-17:30.
- Entrance to the Medici Chapels: 8:15-16:50.
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. Once your booking is confirmed we will email you a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.