Excursion of Cetona on the footsteps of Paleolithic
Join our magical Tuscany tour, following in the footsteps of our most distant past as a real archaeologist. Come with us to the ancient town of Cetona, a timeless place where you can travel through the history, from the Paleolithic period to the present day. A unique eXPerience out of the ordinary!
Activity around Cetona: from the Paleolithic to the Present in a Day Trip highlights:
- A journey back in time to the prehistoric origins of Tuscany
- Explore the historic centre of Cetona, through Etruscan village’s ruins and Prehistoric settlements
- Visit the Museum of prehistory and the Archaeological Park, where you will be engaged in fun and educational activities, suitable for all ages
- Wander around a Bronze Age village, amazingly reconstructed, with full-size huts and craft areas
- On the trail of the Neanderthal man: how he lived, what he ate, what were his habits? This and much more will be explained thoroughly by our multilingual archaeologists
Request more infoCustomize your trip!
This tour will take you to the discovery of the ancient town of Cetona, a Tuscany’s gem of ancient origins dating back to Etruscan times. But the traces of man in this area are even more remote: during the ‘20s, many important archaeological discoveries have unearthed human remains dating back to the Bronze Age.
Our archeological tour begins with two of the most important sights of Cetona’s area: the Civic Museum of Prehistory and the adjacent Natural and Archaeological Park at Belvedere, located on the east side of Mount Cetona.
The Museum is suitable for a variety of audiences: from the youngest students to the archaeologists, and to the tourists who want to deepen curiosity or passion for these issues. You will learn everything there is to know about prehistory, nature and the first men that walked on earth: their lifestyles, their habits and their beliefs.
Our journey will continue to the Natural and Archaeological Park, where some caves from prehistoric times have been re-opened and made passable for visitors: into those caves you will be able to admire the archaeological excavate sites, in a natural environment of great interest and fascination.
The itinerary will continue to the “Archeodromo”, an educational archaeology centre equipped with life-size reconstruction of a Bronze Age village, perched in a cave from Paleolithic times, and an area for the simulation of the excavation. Do not miss this great outdoor laboratory where, thanks to the experimental archeology techniques, you will have the opportunity to eXPerience a unique journey back in time.
More things to do in Tuscany!
Discover the beauty of the Chiantishire! Book our Tour to Castellina in Chianti or the wonderful Excursion to Poggibonsi and its surroundings You will be immersed in the magnificence of Tuscany...
- The historic centre of Cetona
- The Municipal Museum of Prehistory
- The "Archeodromo" [archaeology centre]
- Natural Park of Monte Cetona
- Professional tourist guide
- Visit to the historic centre of Cetona
- Entrance to the Municipal Museum of Prehistory
- Activities at the "Archeodromo" [an educational archaeology centre]
- Excursion to the Natural Park of Monte Cetona
- Tips (optional)
Meeting point information and local telephone numbers at your destination are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
We suggest that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes for your archeological activities.
You can book your private transportation service with ItalyXP.
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. Once your booking is confirmed we will email you a voucher. This is your ticket and proof of purchase.